Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Is It Just Me?

Have I always been inappropriately dressed and no one has bothered to tell me?

OK, OK, I will give you THIS moment:
because really, where would I be going that would require head-to-toe spandex AND a jacket?

but NOW, I do put some thought into it. I do! But a few recent events this week have made me feel like maybe I don't get it....

We met up with friend Susannah and her kids Max & Clara at the Oxon Hill Farm - part of the National Park System - a National Park!

I wore this:
I think that shirt is just SCREAMING "farm."

but Susannah wore this:
a dress! with heels! and a country club shawl!

My "badly dressed" gene has obviously passed on to James because the next day, we met up with friend Kit and her son Joshua at the National Air & Space Museum for the 40th Anniversary of Apollo 11 celebration.

James wore this:

but Joshua wore this:

yeesh!

2 comments:

AFJ said...

OKAY. I will NEVER forget that picture of you in spandex now that it is implanted in my brain. In fact, I don't think I can look at spandex again w/o thinking of you. =) Seriously, where were you going? And WHO is responsible for letting you leave the house in that condition? If you did, indeed leave the house.

Emily said...

I think you are always well dressed. Except that spandex thing. That was just bad. Please make Susannah explain why she was wearing a shawl at a farm.