Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Agoraphobic

There is a small chance that I may have made James agoraphobic on Thursday... It's a likely story: it all started with good intentions.... we met up with my friend Kit and her son Joshua at the National Air & Space Museum on the mall. They were doing a big Apollo 11 40th Anniversary celebration. The website said there would be hands-on activities for the kids, lectures, a piece of moon rock to touch and a big telescope aimed at the moon.

Even with all that to do, I thought it would be a good idea for James to ignore all that and go see his first movie in a movie theater.
And by "movie theater", I mean an IMAX
and by "movie", I mean it was an enormous moving picture show about the sun...
... in 3-D.

I know, I know - best mom ever.

You don't have 3-D glasses on right now (right?) but here is a part where the frightening ball of fire comes barreling towards you:

and here is James hiding behind my shoulder for the entire 22 minute movie.
All three of us shared a seat... for 22 LONG minutes.


Luckily his friend, Astronaut Joshua was there to guide him through the rest of the day.



No comments: