Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Now You Know

It's been said that I cram too much into a weekend, into life really. It's been said that James is the most active toddler ever seen - he wakes at 6am and goes full speed until his (much needed) nap. And now we know..... it's genetic.

My mom (Nanet) came for a visit last weekend and she proved, day after day, that we are genetically engineered to be productive all day, every day. First, some quick math: Nanet lives in Arizona. Arizona is THREE HOURS behind us. Nanet traveled five hours to see us, stayed up until 11pm, and woke the next morning at 7am, showered, dressed and ready to play. That is 4am her time!

You are probably thinking, "Well, surely she took a nap every day." NOPE. Not one. Even when the kids slept, she got to work on one of the bazillion knitting projects she has going - two sweaters for Molly, one for James, one for me, booties, hats, I could go on. We also had the "Costume Talks 2009." My mom has always helped me with James' Halloween costume and this year I needed some serious help (or an intervention). We brainstormed, we sketched, we went fabric shopping.

I quickly learned to take advantage of the fact that we could all get showered and out the door by 9am so what better way to enjoy Fall, than to go apple picking!











This is a great summary of pics that shows James' new life.....
Molly wants anything and everything he has.

Molly: "Hey James, what's that you got there? An apple? Oh, I could totally eat that."

Molly: "I will just climb right over you and get it. I am much stronger than I look."
James: "Oh no you don't little Molly."

James figures out that she is not kidding and flees the scene.

So Molly decides to try to eat the camera instead.


Molly may lack the energy gene.....

The literal fruits of our labor.
25 POUNDS of apples.
So what does my mom do?

She bakes a pie, of course.
From scratch.
She even made a little James pie.

Thanks for the great visit mom!

I laugh out loud to think of our next house guest, Cathy, reading this post.....
Well Cathy, bring your recipes, your knitting needles and get lots of rest.
The bar has been set HIGH.

2 comments:

lisa said...

not sure you'll be getting out and about by 0900 with Cathy! looking forward to the Halloween costume reveal!

Emily said...

Can I have a pink hat just like Molly's?