Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Mommy is ALWAYS Right

This week, we met up with good friend and baby-sponsor (see this post), Susannah and her sweet kids, Max & Clara at a fun little park about 20 minutes from us. The kids ran on the playground, we rode the train and we rode the carousel. Then it was off to McDonald's for lunch. I know, I know, Best Mom Ever!

I told James in the car, that if he stopped kicking the window, there would probably be a train at the park and look:

I was RIGHT!


I told James that if he stopped running with a stick,
we could probably ride the carousel and look:

I was RIGHT!

Here's Max. He's brilliant in that 5 years old and doing long division sort of way....
I asked him what the name of his horse was and he said, "Google."

I asked James the name of his horse and he said, "Icky Wocky Horse."
So.....

Molly, who spits up ALL DAY LONG (requiring multiple wardrobe changes) did the entire carousel ride BACKWARDS and strapped to my body and did not so much as blow a bubble. What. Ever.


As the ride was ending, I told James that if he kept touching the pole with his lips (ugh),
he would get sick and look:


Turns out - Mommy is ALWAYS right.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

This post is FREAKING Mitch out. WHAT?!? All his great friends....together? He just looked through all the pictures and asked, "Where am I? I must be there with my people!"

Stephanie Coyne said...

I wish he was there! I would have said, what's the name of your horse Mitch? And he would have said "it's Lucky Streak, the 2009 Preakness winner.... Duh."

love that boy and miss you all!

Emily said...

Poor James...but I envy how comfy he looks.

lisa said...

you know Steph - sometimes it isn't about being right! poor James!!

Susannah said...

Poor James! Mommy is always right about not licking horses. And thank you for giving me my Molly fix. I'll need to shoot up again early next week....