Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Friday, June 5, 2009

Survival Mode

Brian's been in Germany for a week (returns home tonight) so we have been in survival mode which means, no posting. Sorry. 

Brian had dinner at a vineyard in an ancient German estate, toured some ruins and ate young wild boar with mushroom sauce. I had cereal last night... I'm just saying. I joke. I joke. Here's what we did this week:

Molly concentrated REALLY hard on getting things from her hands into her mouth...

James went to a birthday party for his school friend, Sean. 
I asked him what his favorite part was and he said, "the cake." 
He had two pieces, by the way.

We had a little gathering outside in the courtyard. I instigated it, of course, slyly thinking that it would provide someone to hold the baby and several playmates for James. 
What?! I made salsa..... so that seems like a fair trade.

James, sporting neighbor Pilar's hat.

My friend Dawn and her boys came over for a little playground time and lunch. 
This table, the movie on TV (Cars), and the promise of a treat if they ate a good lunch bought us approximately 20 minutes of quality conversation time. That's about a month in mommy-time.


James rode his motorcycle and demanded to wear ALL of his pads and the helmet. 

Oh yeah, and Molly rolled over - the hard way (back to belly). 
Twice. 
Don't feel bad for Brian because I missed it too.
 Twice.


1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

The photo of Molly looks like a beautiful blue eyed doll.
I admire your ability to be so interestingly busy.