Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

South Carolina Adventures

Brian had a work trip last week and so, of course, I thought it would be a good idea to haul a newborn and a toddler seven hours to South Carolina. I believe I was still in the state of Virginia when I first thought, "what was I thinking?" I quickly reminded myself that (a) I could do it! and (b) I was going to visit a dear dear friend that I miss very much and our sons are all best friends and that makes perfect sense. Press on!

It was SO worth the trip! James didn't hesitate for one second before marching upstairs to the playroom with the boys and Rachel just loved on Molly as if she were her own and I got some much needed girl time.

We ventured out to the Columbia children's museum, EdVenture... this place was no joke. They didn't have little kid-size anything. Everything was big and everything was REAL.

Real tractor:
Real car:
Real bobcat/bulldozer (that's Rachel's son, Mitch):

Real bongo drums with real green screen/TV appearance:


and a REAL grocery store with checkout stands - adorable!
In real life, James' diet consists of PB&J sandwiches, apples, crackers, 
hummus, and cottage & string cheese. 
Apparently, if given his own grocery cart, he would rather dine on pears and meat. 
Big pieces of meat.


...and then we drove seven hours home with a brief (but FUN) stop in Raleigh to visit with Emily & Virginia. I'm not saying that James is the cat's meow (that would be biased), but Virginia was so excited to see him that she peed her pants. 
'Atta boy.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Dora "big girl" underwear is no match for a surprise visit from James. Let's just hope she doesn't have the same problem at age 13.

lisa said...

well welcome back! I swear James looks bigger!