Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Step Right Up!

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages... step right up! You may NOT guess my weight, but you may guess when this baby is coming. If you're feeling really confident, feel free to guess if it's a boy or girl.


Here's some information you should have before making your guess....
  • My due date is January 23 (I will be 38 weeks on Friday) and they won't "let me" go past Feb 6.
  • I am going on record saying that I think it's a girl. Always have. I am hoping to have the baby on Jan 20 so I can watch the inauguration for distraction AND the baby can be born on such a historic day, but as I learned with James (11 days late), I have absolutely no control over this.
  • Brian thinks it's a girl, but that is only because I have brainwashed him to think so.

Here's what they're saying on the street:

Ladies at AC Moore (craft supply store): "Definitely a girl because your belly button is sticking out at the top."

Ladies at the nearest 5 registers at the commissary: "Hard to say - you are carrying low so that looks like a girl, but you are all belly so maybe a boy." (very helpful, as always, at the commissary)

Register lady at JoAnns: "Let me see your hands."
I show her my hands.
She says: "Boy. Definitely boy." (don't ask)

Random administrator woman stepping into the hallway at Andrews AFB hospital: "When are you due"
Me: "In about two weeks."
Her: "That baby is a boy."
Me: "Um, okay. Thanks."

So there you have it. Use the comments section and place your bets.

7 comments:

Angela said...

You will have a girl on January 26, 2009. Please feel free to name her after moi.

Anonymous said...

The baby looks like she/he wants to stay there for awhile. A nice cuddled nest. You look fantastic as usual.

Anonymous said...

You will have a girl on January 17... :-D.

Emily said...

I also think Monday the 26th...but I am betting on a boy.

Anonymous said...

You are carrying our # 12 great grandchild and she is only the second girl of all the greats.We shall love her very much.She will be born on Feb 4 at 2 am. You want to hold out for Feb 5th but she is in a hurry now that she is a bit late.

Rachel said...

I am going to throw down with a very girlie girl (ruffles, tiara, the whole nine yards) but she will be born on January 21st. Two days early, just to please you.

AFJ said...

January 22. Boy. Your belly is all boy. =)