Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Friday, January 23, 2009

Most People....

Most people would be resting or nesting. Sleeping or doing something low-key like stacking diapers, putting away miniature clothes or reading a book about how to take care of a newborn. Not us. No sireee. We are busy doing ridiculous projects.

James is building forts - every day starting at 5am.


I am taking on projects that I am not good at even when I'm not 40 weeks pregnant and pretty uncomfortable. 2 baby quilts, 3 auction baskets for James' preschool fundraiser, a t-shirt for James...

This is one of those "rag quilts" that I haven't sewn together yet...


and Brian? Brian built a wall. Seriously. It's temporary, but for now we hope it will muffle some of the noise either from the baby or from James - we can't decide who might be louder.

BEFORE: the stairs leading up to James' loft-like attic bedroom

AFTER


6 comments:

Rachel said...

What!?! A wall! How did he do that? Does your landlord know, or are you going to try to hide it in a very Three's Company type way everytime Mr. Roper comes over. Just wondering. And daydreaming.

Susannah said...

That's one impressive wall. Now, give him another task... Operation Put Me In Labor. I mean if he can build a wall... seriously.

And Rachel, the Mr Roper comment was priceless.

Abby said...

Your quilts look great!

Angela said...

Man, you guys don't joke around. All I made my husband do was install the carseat. Kudos on the wall!

Boomer and Jackie said...

I noticed the green quilt is finished and the more girly one is still in pieces..are you withholding information? Since I can't cruise the hospital parking lot this time I will be cruising your blog often. I think Custer should put in an elevator while he's at it...

Stephanie Coyne said...

C'mon knock on my door.... we've been waiting for you.... where the kisses are hers and hers and his....