Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Toddler, The Baker, The Chocolate Bat Maker

Wow, does this kid love to bake.  James and I made some fall treats for our neighbors - chocolate cut-out bat cookies. While this seemed like a good idea at the time, it seriously amped up my "don't put your fingers in that!" "keep the dough in the bowl!" and my personal favorite, "don't touch the knives!" factor. Just kidding - it's fun and once I get all the cookies in the oven - James LOVES to roll out the extra dough and pat pat pat it and put a cookie cutter on it no less than 20 times per square inch of dough.

Here's the rolling/patting/cutting:

Look at the concentration during the rolling process. I should have videotaped it so you could also hear the heavy breathing of a baker deeply immersed in his work.
 

No comments: