Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Monday, September 8, 2008

James' Great Inheritance

Trust fund? Nope.

Full head of thick hair? Nope.

Lucky lucky James got what is known in my family as, "The Smart-Ass Gene." 

Well you're welcome, son. I believe this trait can be claimed completely by my family. Ask any of them - they all have it. I think the worst might be my brother, but my grandpa could really give him a run for his money. Grandpa Kington was not a man of many words, but in 20 words a day, 19 of them were funny and sarcastic.

Here's how I know James has it:

Me (trying to get James to invent his own Halloween costume, my eyes are very big and my voice quite high): "I know buddy, what about a kangaroo?!" 

James (also very big eyes and high voice as if he is mocking me): "Ooooh! I know mommy, how about NOT!"

Smart. 
Ass. 
Gene.




1 comment:

Rachel said...

I CAN NOT believe that a child of yours would react in such a manner! Have you heard any "seriously's?" yet from the womb?