Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Big Day in Sylacauga, AL

Oh, never heard of it? Can't imagine why. Population: about 19,000. Location: middle of nooooowhere, Alabama. Claim to fame: they make marble and it's the home to one of the Bluebell Ice Cream Factories.......

And that's what found us, and the 20 other folks on my tour, in Sylacauga. Oh yes, did I mention? I am organizing the trips and tours for the spouses (and sometimes children) of the 500 students at Brian's school this year. Really, you're not surprised, are you?

James has a new object of his affection these days - it's Chase. A boy in his class almost the exact same age. His mom/my friend, Amy also came on the tour. She's an adventurer just like me so when we got to the ice cream factory 20 minutes early, we both thought it would be a good idea to double-back to the fire station we saw two blocks away and invite ourselves in for a tour. They were very obliging on account of being so bored. Apparently, not a lot of fire drama in Sylacauga.

James and Chase in a fire truck

New Sylacauga besties - the firefighters.

and on to the Bluebell Ice Cream factory tour (no photos allowed inside) where you receive a very generous scoop of ice cream after the tour.

BOTH my kids choose BLUE ice cream, of course.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Cute boys, blue ice cream. What could be better?

Grandma Honey said...

How brave you young mothers are. I really laughed when I saw Molly with the blue lips and more. it was nice of you all to entertain the firemen in this lonely town.Just my kind of town. A corner of heaven here on earth. No malls or a lot of traffic. I did pick out your pumpkin. Thanks James you did a great job.