Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Greetings From the House of Sick

Brian had a work trip to South Carolina last week and the SECOND his plane started to rise, so did James' internal body temperature. Sorry for the lack in posting, but you know how it is when your kid is sick.... all you can do is just stare at them wishing them to get better.

Monday featured temps of 102-103 and James, not one to do something halfway, really sealed the deal with an overnight temp on Tuesday of 105 and hallucinations about a monster standing behind me that "looks like a skeleton Mommy! RIGHT BEHIND YOU!" I swear, that fever was so convincing, that I really was looking behind me for the rest of the night. I told James that it wasn't real. I told him, "that was just your fever talking, buddy."


So, that little episode landed us in the emergency room on Wednesday. Now, don't panic - a fever of 105 is scary, but the ER visit is just because one can't get an appointment in a clinic in military healthcare without four months notice. My other option was to leave a message with a nurse who would "return my call within 72 hours." THREE. DAYS. Don't get me started.

Here's James in the ER (yes, I always have a camera) where he told the doctor that he was feeling much better because "it was just my fever talking." I am still shocked we didn't get a psych consult after that.


The diagnosis: an unexplained ridiculously high fever and here are some antibiotics to kill whatever it is. (I am paraphrasing).

He was finally feeling good on Sunday. Good enough to figure out how much fun it is to put BOTH of his legs inside one pant leg and run around the house.


Molly was Molly.
Completely unscathed by fever and nighttime fever hallucinations. She just went about her business...
She tried to eat an entire peach:


She worked on crawling:

This is her new approach:

and she tried out some new hair accessories....


Brian drove eight hours home on Friday and guess what he was?
Yup, you guessed it - SICK.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Yeah! Time for hair accessories! She is gorgeous and, judging from the push up walking, freakishly strong.

Grandma Honey said...

Right, that was Molly's version of push-ups. Boy is she strong and beautiful. If she starts to walk on her toes that would be a heritary factor.

Sorry you were sick James but I sure am glad you are now up and creating new methods of dressing.