Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Sunday, June 27, 2010

James Turns Four, Take Two

because the real title, "Why must a three year old ALWAYS spoil it for me?" seemed too long. I have visions, people. Not the hallucination kind, but the kind where I put in a lot of effort and I expect all beings under the age of 100 to do what I say. Ha!

Vision for James Superhero Birthday Party? Red capes attached to custom superhero shirts and "power wristbands" as modeled here by a kid who does what he's told. (I am laughing OUT LOUD while I type this...). I saw 12 little kids all flying around JW Tumbles like little superheroes. I saw them beside themselves with JOY at the mere idea that they would get to keep such a great party keepsake.

Meet Patrick.
Patrick does NOT want to wear said superhero shirt & cape.
You will be able to spot Patrick in every photo because he is wearing the yellow shirt he came in.
Patrick obviously has it out for me.


Here's the flying I mentioned.





and here's Patrick... in YELLOW.

James and Mae. Please note you-know-who in the background.....

At LEAST I am still the boss of Molly.
She wore her special baby cape (blue & shiny) all party long. Good girl.

Fun superhero activities...



Again, Patrick NOT doing the event everyone else is doing, but climbing a wall... in YELLOW.


See how this photo could have been so much better????

Amazing cake by Susannah. And "yes" to the first question always asked - it WAS delicious!

Happy Birthday was sung. Cake was eaten....

... and then James hit a wall.
Possibly literally and figuratively.


This was before we even left the parking lot.

Happy birthday big guy.
Next year, let's only invite people who do what I say.... okay?

1 comment:

Grandma Honey said...

James is really a party guy. Just wait folks when he is in HS and still partying as he is at 4 climbing rocks and mountains.Molly is certainly a cooperative party goer and Mom is a special party manager.It looks like a lot of fun except for the yellow shirt kid.