Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Monday, December 7, 2009

Grandpa Gary

aaaack! I am so behind! I am actually taking a break from making 15 elf hats and 15 pairs of elf shoes for James' class to FINALLY update this blog. Seriously. 15 PAIRS. I had to look at a calendar just to see when my dad came for visit... eek! NOVEMBER! I am THAT behind.

Before my dad came, he sent this great tool belt/tools/goggles/suspenders kit. James loves it. He wears the safety goggles all the time which is, if you've ever met James, ironic. Here he is wearing the whole get up.


Little does he know, that when he's at school..... it's somebody else's favorite tool belt too.



We had a great time with my dad. He and James watched some football...


... and Molly just ADORED him. She spent a lot of time squeezing his nose.


My dad got the same treatment all of our guests get, "put on your jacket and get in the car." We hit the Air & Space Museum, the Museum of American History and we got to do something that I have wanted to do for over a year - go to the top of the Washington Monument! It could not have been a more perfect day to take in the amazing DC views.


View of the White House.....




A stop at the Hirshorn Museum Sculpture Gallery.
James tries to make sense of this one....



Since we had my dad to handle Molly, we took James ice skating for the first time.
Laugh, if you will, at the amount of padding and protective wear, but trust me - we know this kid and he needed it.

Of course, his favorite part was really the zamboni.



Thanks for the great visit dad!



1 comment:

Emily said...

I cannot get over how much you look like your Dad. And all the protective gear you have for James. :)