Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

You Have No Idea

Hey, remember when you JUDGED me for going completely over-the-top for James' 3rd birthday? Here's a reminder: James' 3rd Birthday.

Yeah, turns out, that was N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

We went to good friend Max's 6th birthday a couple of weeks ago and we were blown away. It was a space themed party. The kids made real exploding rockets, they drank TANG, they discovered moon rocks. They received certificates for "completing the mission." Every single item in the goody bag was space related: Starburst candies, Moon pies, Milky Way candy bars.....

I would like to point out that at James' party, I made the kids decorate their own cakes. THIS was the cake at Max's birthday:

Oh, do not adjust your monitor. My friend, Susannah (Max's mom) MADE that. The sun was yellow cake and the moon was chocolate and the planets in between were fondant wrapped around styrofoam balls. It was gorgeous AND delicious.

There was a small hiccup at the party when Molly discovered she was wearing the same sweater as another girl. She begged me to take her back home to change. I mean really, how embarrassing! I taught her a lesson on "embracing it," but as you can see here - she wasn't buying it.



See what I am up against? You'll have to get used to reading shorter posts now as I obviously have some prep to do for James' 4th birthday..... SEVEN months from now.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Poor Lilly... she'll never see a cake like that! I guess people will JUDGE me for my lack of effort?

Susannah said...

If you need me to be your mentor, I guess I could try. But I do remember that you baked like 12 cakes for James? TWELVE! And then my son ate about 7 of those with a shovel.

Rachel said...

I apologize for introducing you to Martha Stewart. Remember how simple your life used to be? She's worth it though. So worth it.