Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I know, I know....

12 days since my last post.... back to back house guests people! I have much to post about all of our adventures, but for now, let me announce that Team Coyne is now flu shot complete. I tried to take James last week and we drove all the way to Andrews AFB and he threw up in the parking lot. I tried again yesterday and they said that while they do have flu shots, they have no one to administer them - they're all out with..... you guessed it - the flu. I was starting to think it was a sign.

But after talking it up all day yesterday and promising to get mine first, off we went for flu shots this morning. James watched me get mine and then gave me a sticker and a high five. Thanks pal.

Then, back down to pediatrics where I am sure they are still telling the story of "the one that laughed." Yeah, James got his shot and immediately laughed (giggled, really) and then said, "thank you!!!" to the tech. Seriously, who laughs? And who says "thank you" after being jabbed with a sharp needle? James.

Molly... that champ. Those chubby thighs are really coming in handy. She didn't even flinch. Not a tear, not a surprised look, nothing.

I, however, have been complaining about my sore arm for the last five hours....

3 comments:

lisa said...

I've been wondering what you've been up to! It's unusual for me to out-blog you!

Rachel said...

Hang in there, champ.

Grandma Honey said...

You do good Stephanie. I think there should have been a write up in the paper about the little boy who said "thank you" for his vacine. James sure is a winner and his baby sister is following in his steps. It must be the good mommy & daddy care they get that is making them unusual children.