Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Friday, October 9, 2009

BEADOGOAT

That's Molly. Part beaver, part dog, part goat AND she's fast.

The beaver: Molly was playing quietly in her crib the other day and all was well until I heard an odd sound. So odd that I went into her room to check it out. She was chewing the side of the crib with her two teeth! Just scraping up the side of the wood like she's sharpening her teeth for future activities.

The dog: Boy does that girl love to eat a shoe. Nothing is safe. We have to hide our slippers from her.

The goat: Molly can make it across the room in a speedy crawl, pull up on the coffee table and eat a magazine in less than 30 seconds. Her preference is People magazine, but she will consider chewing the pages of a Redbook or National Geographic Adventurer if that's all she can get her hands on.


I have said the words, "I just turned my head for second..." more times than I care to count in the last month.

James was fast too, but LOUD (ha! still is!). I always knew what he was getting into. Molly is stealthy. She just goes about her business, sweetly crawling where she pleases and then before I know it, she's standing at the foot of the stairs, eating the straps of James' backpack.

I am considering re-doing her room into something that resembles a padded cell.

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Well,at least her digestion will tolerate anything chewable. You better count the buttons and make sure they all come out.I doubt if she will be a fussy eater. She gets cuter by the week. James will have to start hiding his chewable items. Love that gal!
Thanks for the weekend laugh.

Emily said...

I had to get those plastic rails for Virginia's bed because she was chewing the paint off at that age! Must build immunities right? And paper = fiber so that must be healthy, right? Maybe you should start ordering organic magazines just in case. Ha!