Steph & Brian

Steph & Brian
Tuscany 2005

James

James
age 6

Molly

Molly
almost 4

Saturday, August 7, 2010

We Zoo, Do You?

Boy, do we love a zoo. You would think (THINK!) that the Montgomery Zoo would be a total letdown after two years of frequenting the National Zoo in DC, right? WRONG! In fact, could not be more wrong!

Not only does the Montgomery Zoo have some interesting animals (15 kangaroos, Bengal tigers, bison - bison people!! have you SEEN the heads on those things?!?), but they have the ONE THING we love the most.... no crowds. This might have something to do with the fact that we live in the bible belt and tend to visit the zoo on Sunday mornings, but whatever.

Here we are on our first visit (FREE thanks to a reciprocal agreement between the Mont Zoo and the Natl Zoo). We were the ONLY people on this train.

See how happy we are?!

Enormous Bengal tigers sitting about 2 feet from the glass....

Molly, pretty excited about that.

And (AND!), you can feed the giraffes! I think it's 50 cents for a branch of whatever it is giraffes eat and you can walk out onto a platform and beg the giraffes to eat out of your hand. These are particularly smart giraffes because they came nowhere near James or Molly, but....

... came right up to me

closer...

eek! I am that close to a giraffe!
So cool.


as an aside.... James kept yelling "Here, Melman! Here, Melman!"
That, my friends, is the name of the giraffe in the movie Madagascar, oh and Madagascar 2. It was like he was yelling "Hey everybody! My mom lets me watch too much TV! And a a lot of it is too old for me! Here, Melman!"

Well, at least there weren't any crowds.... but the bison. Oh, the bison.
I could just feel them judging me.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sign us up for giraffe feeding ASAP!